Wall Plaster, also known as Plaster of Paris, is a material that is used for the building and has Gypsum acting as the main component in it. Mainly, it is used for acting as base and coating walls in order to provide a protective layer. It basically comes in a white powder form and it is later mixed with water in order to obtain a paste-like substance, which is ready to use.
Here are some of advantages and benefits of wall plaster, which will help you in getting an idea of why it is suitable as a base.
Advantages of wall plasters
- Wall plaster is very light in weight and is mostly durable.
- Wall plaster has a low thermal conductivity, which is suitable for it working as a base.
- Since it is the best fire resistant material; therefore, it acts as a very good insulating substance.
- As mentioned earlier, due to its heat resistance property, it does not shrink while setting and does not develop cracks or holes when solidified.
- It forms a very thick base and acts a protective shield, thus making the paint more durable in nature.
- Wall plaster is highly water soluble, and thus, mixing it in water is very easily that helps apply it comfortably.
- After giving a thick base, it forms a smooth layer, which helps paints to settle upon it.
- Since it contains gypsum, it does not appreciate any chemical reaction and thus never causes any alkali attacks on the surface of the walls or any other solid surface.
- Wall plaster helps in giving a decorative smooth finish to exteriors and interiors with a lot of luster, smoothness, fine texture, and glisten.
Thus, application of plaster is of great significance before applying any other coat of product like paint etc. It is always recommended by experts that application of such coating is a must for long durability and clarity of paint. These plasters are available in the market at affordable rates and under different brand names.
One can you buy it direct from the wall plaster manufacturers in India who have their online retail stores available and also nearby your locality.