Many people begin constructing a home without knowing much about what goes into the process. There are many aspects that are needed to be taken care of, many small things that are not to be overlooked at. One such thing is the use of wall putty in finishing the walls.
Basically, wall putty is a base coat that is applied in order to protect the pricey paints used on the walls. As the putty is water resistant, it buys more time for the costly paints used on the walls. White cement, polymers and fillers are the most basic things used to prepare the wall putty. These ingredients will help in making the walls smooth. They will also reduce the necessity of curing.
A wall putty manufacturer usually sells two types of putty according to their size – coarse putty and fine putty. There is also powder putty and acrylic putty based on their consistency. While the acrylic putty is paste in nature, it can be used directly. The powder putty is however mixed with water and used.
Why should you use wall putty?
- You get a smoother and shiny wall.
- There will be fewer cracks in the wall over time.
- It will level the wall that has cracks, furrows and holes, giving it a complete finish.
- The wall coated with putty will consume less paint. Thus, it saves you a lot of money on expensive paints. Hence, wall putty is also a money saving option.
- You do not need to give thorough curing for the wall, thus saving water.
- As the putty is water resistant, it protects the wall from rainfall and water seepage.
The various companies that manufacture wall putty are –
- K. Wall putty
- Asian paints
- Jenson & Nicholson
- British paints
- Agsar paints
- Artilin paints
- Brilliant coatings
There are many companies that manufacture wall putty. Search well and get the best quality wall putty to build your dream house. When you choose, go for wall putty that will give the finest finish for your wall. Choose the one that will cover up the smallest cracks and holes in the wall.